Sunday, January 8, 2012

THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN Book Challenge for 2012






This challenge seemed intriguing to me, the premise that is. Brought to us by Booking in Heels, it offers a different way for me to push myself in directions I might not otherwise have taken. Simply click on the badge to the left for her sign up page and join the party.








  1. Allan Quatermain from King Solomon's Mines by H. Rider Haggard (Completed)
  2. Mina Harker from Dracula by Bram Stoker (Completed)
  3. Captain Nemo from 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea by Jules Verne (Completed)
  4. Tom Sawyer from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain (Completed)
  5. Dorian Gray from The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (Completed)
  6. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde from The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson (Completed)
  7. Rodney Skinner from The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells (kind of) (Completed)
  8. The Phantom from The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux (Completed)
  9. James Moriarty from The Final Problem by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Completed)

UPDATE 11/28/12: Review (Sort Of) post number one, First six of the nine books completed.
UPDATE 12/27/12: Review (Sort Of) post number two, One more book completed.
UPDATE 1/2/13: Round-up post, from Hanna at Booking in Heels (our hostess).
UPDATE 1/1/1: Just one more to go!
UPDATE 1/4/14: At last! I'm finished! I completed the challenge - only a little over a year late.

2 comments:

  1. Great to have you on board! I'm looking forward to reading Dracula most of all, I think. Oh and Phantom of the Opera. I've never read either before so I'm excited!

    I'm not so sure about The Adventures of Tom Sawyer but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

    Don't forget to link up your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the warm welcome. I don't know which ones I'm looking forward to most.

      Delete