The challenge is hosted by Katrina at Callapidder Days, and it's low-pressure. You create a list of books to read between September 22 and December 20 and add any other literary goals you would like to to meet in the fall season.
My goal is to read these books by December 20, 2009:
1. If Holden Caulfield were in my Class Room by Bernie Schein COMPLETE
2. Nine Parts of Desire by Geraldine Brooks COMPLETE
3. Good Woman by Lucille Clifton COMPLETE
4. The Way I See it by Temple Grandin COMPLETE
5. Teach Like Your Hair's on Fire by Rafe Esquith
6. Nickle and Dimed by Barbara Ehrenreich
7. The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexandra McCall Smith
8. Out of Mind by J. Bernlef COMPLETE
9. Far Beyond the Field by Makoto Ueda COMPLETE
10. A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking COMPLETE
11. Gone by Jonathan Kellerman COMPLETE
12. Cat Haiku by Deborah Coates COMPLETE
13. Obsession by Jonathan Kellerman COMPLETE
14. The Haiku Year by Various COMPLETE
15. Compulsion by Jonathan Kellerman COMPLETE
16. Eva-Mary by Linda McCarriston COMPLETE
17. Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell COMPLETE
18. Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell COMPLETE
19. Cat''s Eyewitness by Rita Mae Brown & Sneaky Pie Brown COMPLETE
20. Dexter by Design by Jeff Lindsay COMPLETE
* My additional goal has to do with my own writing. I always wanted more time to write, but I've found that, as the sage says, "What can be done anytime, never gets done." Or thereabouts. So my goal is to complete one complete poetry manuscript in the challenge time frame. I have the raw material. It is doable.
If you would like to join the challenge as well simply click on the image.