Friday, September 24, 2010

ON THURSDAY'S FACEBOOK OUTAGE


It had been a few days since I last checked my account, 
and I didn't even realize Facebook was down. 
I only have it as a convenient way to communicate 
with relatives on the other coast so I forget about it for long periods of time.

I think it was hilarious though,
that the drama that was the Facebook outage, played out on Twitter
I confess, I only found out about it from a blog, though. 
How's that for the interdependence of platforms?!

Facebook posted their updates, explanations, and apologies on twitter. And of course, the Facebook community took full advantage of the opportunity to stream jokes which were 
re-tweeted by the hundreds.



@MetsMerized:"Facebook is down! Employee productivity skyrockets, rioting reported in major cities, USA climbs out of 6-year recession"

@alqaeda:#facebook is down. Not sure if we did that, but we should claim credit anyway. Hitting the infidels where it hurts, etc



No comments:

Post a Comment