Friday, December 3, 2010

SOME BREATHTAKING PHOTOGRAPHY


hosted by THE BIG PICTURE.

As usual, click on the image to embiggen.


close up on the smiling 3/4 profile of the wrinkled face of an old woman
A Wrinkle in Time. 
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 
(Photo and caption by Nikki Krecicki)


erupting volcano at night under full moon

Pure Elements. 
I drove my 4x4 over rivers to get a view of the Volcano eruption at "Fimmvorduhals" in Iceland. It was a full moon and strong winds gave me problems standing still outside the truck. I had my camera with me and zoom lens but no tripod, suddenly there was a magical moment, I was experiencing a display of nature rarely seen by man. I found my camera with the zoom lens, rushed out of the truck, trying to fight the strong wind. I pushed the camera on to the hood of the truck trying to stand still, holding my breath, I shot 30 frames, and only one shot was good. 
(Photo and caption by Olafur Ragnarsson)


No comments:

Post a Comment