Hosted by: Opinions of a Wolf.
Reading to raise awareness, knowledge, and acceptance of mental illness, both fiction (books featuring characters with a mental illness depicted in a sympathetic light) and nonfiction (from self-help books to academic books on the topic). No book read for the challenge may demonize the mentally ill.
I'm aiming for ADVOCATE status
with 12 books.
1. The Pest Maiden: A Story of Lobotomy - Penelpoe Scambly Schott
2. From the Dark Side: The Collected Poetry of Jonathan Schwartz - Jonathan Schwartz
3. Poets on Prozac: Mental Illness, Treatment and the Creative Process - Ed. Richard M. Berlin
4. Sunbathing in the Rain - Gwyneth Lewis
5. My Lobotomy - Charles Fleming6. Bullied: Volume One (ebook) - Christopher Jones
7. Bullied: Volume Two (ebook) - Christopher Jones
8. Bullied: Volume Three (ebook) - Christopher Jones
9. Bullied: Volume Four (ebook) - Christopher Jones
10. Chronicles of Bursts of Light and Shadow (ebook) - Amanda Clark-Williams