Wednesday, March 7, 2012

BOOK REVIEWS. Sort of.


The Cat Sitter's Pajamas - Blaize Clement

Well, Dixie Hemingway (no relation) is in it again. She shows up at a client's house only to find a beautiful woman claiming to belong there. She steps outside to call the police, and when they arrive they find a dead woman inside - a different woman. As hard as she tries, Dixie is unable to stay out of it, and . . .

These are charming little murder mysteries, and I will continue to read them as they become available, but I have one tiny complaint. A quibble. A minor nit, really. . .

With each new book, Ms Clement repeats, almost verbatim, the back-story of each character. And I'm afraid I find myself skimming these sections to get back to the new story each time. I never really thought about it before, but I read many series, and hardly ever encounter this problem.

If you find this sort of thing annoying, Dixie's escapades might not be for you. However, these are fun, light reading - if you consider murder light reading, that is. Hey, it's pretend murder.



NOTE: These are not, in any way, meant to be comprehensive reviews.  
They are intended to acknowledge that I have read the book and give my honest core impressions. 

If a real review is what you wish, there are many wonderful book blogs available, and I have provided some tools to find them under the tab marked "Useful."



No comments:

Post a Comment