Thursday, March 15, 2012

BOOK REVIEWS. Sort of.


Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro

I'll be honest. This book has left me in a bit of a quandary. The novel is well written and all. I read straight through very quickly But the story kept me at arm's length.

I never did reviews before, because I hated the idea of taking some author's life work, tearing it to shreds, and tossing it away like junk mail. It always seemed like such a rude way to end the reading relationship.

I mean . . . how could we still be . . . friends?

So, anyway, I think I'll join the cats in the front window now to watch the rain.



NOTE: These are not, in any way, meant to be comprehensive reviews.  
They are intended to acknowledge that I have read the book and give my honest core impressions. 

If a real review is what you wish, there are many wonderful book blogs available, and I have provided some tools to find them under the tab marked "Useful."

No comments:

Post a Comment