Compassion is not weakness,
and concern for the unfortunate is not socialism.- Hubert H. Humphrey.
Painting/Mural by Conrad A. Albrizio.
1. Blessed are the poor in spirit (recognizing poverty in spiritual things, being grateful to God and realizing our need for Him), for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
2. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
3. Blessed are the meek (notice it doesn’t say “weak” but “meek”/humble), for they shall inherit the earth.
4. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.
5. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
6. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
7. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
8. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Jesus, Matthew 5:3-12 (NKJV)