Saturday, November 3, 2012

BOOK REVIEWS. Sort Of.


V is for Vengeance - Sue Grafton     

Private investigator Kinsey Millhone once again finds herself in the middle: organized crime, police investigations, and corruption. Can she help it if she's good at figuring things out - or too stubborn to quit when she's told.

I like the way Ms Grafton has handled the passage of time within the series. After 22 novels (and twenty years) not very much time has passed for Kinsey. Even though the setting is not entirely current, it doesn't feel dated. References to typewriters and carbon copies evoke a sort of nostalgia.

I always look forward to the next book in the series.


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you are still interested in the series after 22 books!! I do enjoy the feelings of nostalgia as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like series because of the continuity they provide. I don't do change well. :p

      Delete