Monday, April 1, 2013

It's National Poetry Month!

Bullwinkle the moose saying hello poetry lovers
As most of you know, we have poetry nearly every day here at the Hearth, but for National Poetry Month it is a definite daily occurrence!

Are there poets you'd like to see that I've yet to post?

I have a wonderful array of anthologies that I post from, as well as poets' collections. But my To Buy list is always way too long.

Sometimes it's just so hard to decide!

Please, let me know in the comments and I will do my best. 


Some links for teachers: here & here.

Pastoral
- Jennifer Chang

Something in the field is
working away. Root-noise.
Twig-noise. Plant
of weak chlorophyll, no
name for it. Something
in the field has mastered
distance by living too close
to fences. Yellow fruit, has it
pit or seeds? Stalk of wither. Grass-
noise fighting weed-noise. Dirt
and chant. Something in the
field. Coreopsis. I did not mean
to say that. Yellow petal, has it
wither-gift? Has it gorgeous
rash? Leaf-loss and worried
sprout, its bursting art. Some-
thing in the. Field fallowed and
cicada. I did not mean to
say. Has it roar and bloom?
Has it road to follow? A thistle
prick, fraught burrs, such
easy attachment. Stem-
and stamen-noise. Can I lime-
flower? Can I chamomile?
Something in the field cannot.

from: The History of Anonymity. Copyright 2008.

2 comments:

  1. Do you like Wallace Stevens? I would be interested to know what you'd pick out from his poems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good one. Interestingly, I thought I had posted Wallace Stevens before, but when I looked it up I found that I had not. I posted a tribute to his "Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird," by other poets, but no Stevens himself. I will have to fix that.

      Decisions. Decisions. There are so many wonderful choices.

      Delete