Saturday, August 23, 2014

Saturday Farmer's Market - Late Again!



Created by Heather at Capricious Reader, and now hosted by Chris at Stuff as Dreams are Made on.

I know. This is getting to be a habit.

This has been a rough week. My house looks kind of like a warehouse after an earthquake. And the garden . . . Well is the work in any garden ever finished?

In fact, I think that having to keep my garden alive is the only thing that has gotten me out of bed this past week. When I look at it that way, my garden is priceless.


What you see here is my latest feat of engineering.

I cut and refigured an old hose with a splitter, and now I can run all of my soaker hoses together on the Rose side of the yard.

It will save me a lot of time and I no longer have to worry whether all my plants get the water they need.

I have plans for a larger one for the other side of the yard and my little orchard.


Oh! Oh! Oh! I forgot to tell you.

Last week was my birthday, and my husband's present was a 40-150 Telephoto lens for my camera.

I can now get closer, clearer pictures.

The new lens taught me something important. I am a lousy photographer and really don't know how to use my camera.  I discard more than half the pictures I take.

It's time for reading and maybe even classes.
  

 
It's hard to believe, but this is one of the Roses that was on the verge of death a few weeks ago.

I replaced the damaged soaker hose and cut the bushes back hard.

Success!

They are all setting new buds and blooming beautifully.








A Lesser Goldfinch having a nosh.

I think it's a young one.














More Tomatoes are on the way.











My little Orange Tree has just about doubled in size. I never realized how slow they grow.

We were counting on having shade from it, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

So we plan to move it to the back yard this fall and put a Flowering Plum in it's place.

They put on a spectacular Spring show And will give great shade.

Here's another one of my happy Roses.


 The Trailing Rosemary is delicate and hardy at the same time. It's one of my favorites.


 My Birthday lasts all Summer long with these beautiful Roses.


 Coffee Klatch!


 Lavender, Lantana, Agave, and a little Fountain Grass in the front yard.


 Benny, helping me make Jam.


 Lantana


 English Lavender


The camera is an instrument that teaches people
how to see without a camera.
~ Dorothea Lange

It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see. 
~ Henry David Thoreau

There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.
~Ernst Haas

No comments:

Post a Comment