Saturday, August 16, 2014

Saturday Farmer's Market - My Little Crumb . . .



Created by Heather at Capricious Reader, and now hosted by Chris at Stuff as Dreams are Made on.

Things are fairly quiet around here. The Rose garden looks pretty much devastated after I had to prune the bushes back hard. The good news is that they are all coming back. I think that next year they will be full again and we will have a happy ending.

There are bits of color here and there throughout the garden attracting lots of Bees and Birds. And so far, because of them, my bug problem is just about non-existent.




The Yellow Birthday Rose is still blooming beautifully.















The Marguerite Daisies were cut back severely after they bloomed in the spring, and they're making a comeback just in time for fall.











The Creeping Rosemary is more than double the size it was last year at this time, and is starting to bloom.













I have always thought Portulaca was so delicate and pretty.













This is a Variegated Holly. I don't know if it's male or female, or even if it matters in this one.

It has also more than doubled in size since last year and when it is finally big enough to go out on it's own, it will be planted near the back fence.








The White Birthday Rose is also still blooming, only a few blooms at a time, like rare jewels.













Zoom!


Zoom!




Zoom!









Where's Batman?












Singing for breakfast.




















Break time!











A pair of ...














Mourning ...













... Doves










These little ones are picking up the bits of crabgrass and weeds I blew off the sidewalk and flying off to remodel their nests.


God gave a loaf to every bird
- Emily Dickinson

God gave a loaf to every bird,
But just a crumb to me;
I dare not eat it, though I starve, -
My poignant luxury
To own it, touch it, prove the feat
That made the pellet mine, -
Too happy in my sparrow chance
For ampler coveting.

It might be famine all around,
I could not miss an ear,
Such plenty smiles upon my board,
My garner shows so fair.
I wonder how the rich may feel, -
An Indiaman--an Earl?

No comments:

Post a Comment