Monday, June 8, 2009

TWEET, TWEET

cowbird on branch with cherry blossoms
This has been a sad week in the world. I know, it really hasn't been that much different than the week before, or the week before that. Maybe that is why it seems so sad. When I was younger, my anger was quick to spark and flash at the injustices and blindness. But now - I just feel sad. There is so much I will never understand. This is not a political forum, so I will simply ask: How can people say they have love for others when they know nothing of compassion, and take delight in their suffering?

Two lines from an e.e. Cummings poem, You Shall Above All Things, have been stuck in my head all week. (Maybe they'll stick in yours.)

I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing
than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance


No comments:

Post a Comment