Thursday, November 25, 2010

I AM THANKFUL FOR MANY THINGS


HERE ARE JUST A FEW.

* I still have a home.

* After a long, frustrating hunt, I now have a job.

* We have plenty to eat.

* The law says that the fruits of the twenty-plus years my loving husband and I have been together belongs to both of us, and will be lost should something happen to one of us.

* Though I drive an old car and spend most of my time in jeans, strangers tend to treat me with respect and deference.

* Petty authority figures do not look for an excuse to harass me. 

I do not take any of these things for granted. Many people do not have even these basic things for which to be thankful. 


Last year I got a bit preachy. (here & here if you're interested).

But . . .



 
This year I just wish to say thank you. 

Thank you to the framers of the constitution, the magnificent, living document which grows and matures with us. 
Thank you to those who have fought bravely, often at personal sacrifice, to ensure that great document continues to encompass human dignity for all.
And I pray that one day we will live up to the ideals set forth in that magnificent document.


* I am also thankful for those of you who take a few moments from your busy days to stop by here an read my latest offering. May you, your families, and friends have reason to celebrate Thanksgiving all year long.

No comments:

Post a Comment