Thursday, January 31, 2013

Guess what I did this weekend.

After enjoying the wonderful posts on The Virtual Advent Tour, I was inspired. So many of the contributors shared great projects and I wanted to do them all. That's an impossibility; but I chose one to start.

I don't have my own photos of the project, but I made a calendar journal. Here's a LINK to the directions I used for the project, and one of their photos. I know I started a bit late, but it's a revolving calendar - no beginning, no end. So - no problem.

I made a few changes of my own to the project.

I used pretty patterned papers, you know, scrapbooking papers, instead of post cards. I chose the colors to give the feeling of the seasons change as the months move on.

I didn't have a box to use, but I had an empty cereal box that I turned into a box to fit. And I covered it with some pretty rice papers.

It sits nicely in my secretary, handy for me to update daily, and I smile when I look at it because it reminds me of the great book bloggers I visit. It is also a project that will become more precious as time passes. As I fill in each year's note it becomes a time capsule.

2 comments:

  1. I love those journals!!! You should show off a picture of the one you made! I keep telling myself I'm going to make one for myself...but yeah, I tell myself I'm going to do a lot of things that never seem to actually happen. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before I started I had planned to make one for my daughter and a couple friends ... maybe even a few others. But as I got into the project I found it was a bit challenging for someone with limited fine motor control in their hands. I love a challenge, but ...

      Yes, I would love to post my own pictures, but I don't have the capability ... yet.

      Delete