Saturday, March 24, 2012

BOOK REVIEWS. Sort of.


The Rosary Bride - Luisa Buehler

I really enjoyed this first in the series of Grace Marsden Mysteries.

I don't think the characters were exceptional, but the story itself was intricate and easily held my interest. It had depth, layering, and left quite a bit of back story yet to be mined.

Oh. If anyone is interested, Grace has suffered with OCD since childhood and has developed coping mechanisms. Her symptoms intensify in times of stress, and since this is a murder mystery, you can imagine they sometimes cause her difficulty.

But she overcomes, so far . . .

At well over Four hundred pages it still left me wanting more, and I happily purchased the rest of the series. (So much for my TBR pile) Luckily, they were cheap for my Nook.


NOTE: These are not, in any way, meant to be comprehensive reviews.  
They are intended to acknowledge that I have read the book and give my honest core impressions. 

If a real review is what you wish, there are many wonderful book blogs available, and I have provided some tools to find them under the tab marked "Useful."


No comments:

Post a Comment