Wednesday, January 25, 2012

OFF THE SHELF Challenge for 2012



A good two thirds of my books are packed away right now, as I make this commitment. Mine is a household in flux, but I still have a large number of 'to be reads' at hand. 

My goal is to read at least as many books in 2012 as I did in 2011 - 100 - and this puts me on the Hoarder level. It may take some ingenuity on my part, but I am determined.

I'm not a book blogger, but I hope to add a line or two about my time with each book. Just click on each title to read a short review of that book.

If you are interested in joining the challenge as well, just click on the badge and you will be taken to the sign up page at Bookish Ardour, the sponsoring site.

MY LIST:

1. Cat of the Century - Rita Mae Brown    
2. Cat Striking Back - Shirley Rousseau Murphy     
3. Mile 81 (ebook) - Stephen King     
4. The Gunslinger - Stephen King
5. The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King      
6. The Big Cat Nap - Rita Mae Brown
7. Victims - Jonathan Kellerman  
8. V is for Vengeance - Sue Grafton  
9. Dracula by Bram Stoker  
10. 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea - Jules Verne    
11. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer - Mark Twain    
12. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - Robert Louis Stevenson     
13. The Phantom of the Opera - Gaston Leroux     
14. The Final Problem (from The Complete Sherlock Holmes) - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (ebook)

FINAL UPDATE: *Sighs* I didn't do so well at reducing my TBR pile this year. Only 14 is rather dismal. I will redouble my efforts for next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment