Friday, May 29, 2009

DON'T WORRY. BE HAPPY.



You may notice a new permalink to the left,
that looks a lot like this:

I found a site that espouses a worthwhile philosophy not readily embraced these days. It also describes how my hubby & I tend to live our lives.

Not only is the phone in my purse only my second, purchased because it flipped shut to keep my purse from dialing Japan; but the Hubbs built most of the computers we've owned from other peoples' cast offs, as they sought the latest and greatest. Even our cars are "last year's" models. Who am I kidding? They belong to the "last millennium."

We hear the word recycle a lot, which should become a way of life. But not often in our advertising driven society do we hear the words, "Be happy with what you have."

Before we bought our first computer a friend told us that as long as it does what YOU need it to, it is not obsolete. I think that goes for just about everything.

Why, in June I will have had the Hubby for 20 years. He may not move as fast as the newer models, but that's not necessarily a bad thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment