Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I JUST CAN'T KEEP SILENT

For the most part, I try to keep this blog out of politics and religious debates, staying as close to my goal of 'aid and comfort' as I can. But sometimes I get so angry, am so sickened, that I have to speak out. Today is one of those days. I am sick to my stomach.

Haiti, a country already plagued by poverty and disease, has been decimated by an earthquake. And our 'good Christian' friend Pat Robertson said, on The 700 Club, that the Haitians are responsible for their own misery.

"They were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III, or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, we will serve you if you'll get us free from the French. True story. And so, the devil said, okay it's a deal."

"ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after the other."  - Huffington Post (there's video)
More articles and in depth analysis can be found here,  and here, and here. The search words "Haiti," and "Pat Robertson" will net you link after link of journalists - msm and bloggers alike - calling Robertson out on his evil spewing. None that I have see so far have been conservative. Apparently they are not appalled by such naked victim blaming.

This is not the first time that disaster victims have been blamed for their fates by so called 'Christians.' New Orleans during Katrina, New York City on 9/11, to name just two (Robertson at these times as well). On which ring of Hell did Dante place judgmental hypocrites with no mercy?

I truly don't understand how a person can look at the suffering of others and see, not people in need, but an opportunity to score points for their own political and fund raising agendas.

'Real Christians' are caring people who try to live as Jesus, with love and forgiveness and mercy.


[UPDATE: APPARENTLY, SATAN HAS REBUTTED MR. ROBERTSON'S CLAIMS. This is just a small excerpt:

You're doing great work, Pat, and I don't want to clip your wings. But leave me out of it, please. Or we may need to renegotiate your own contract.
HIS REBUTTAL CAN BE READ IN FULL HERE.]

No comments:

Post a Comment