Monday, January 24, 2011

BLOGGIESTA . . . ACROSS THE FINISH LINE



Boy, am I tired. 

I'd like to say it is because of my 72 hour blog housekeeping marathon. But that would be a lie.

We took a break last night to check out a friend of ours in his band, Superlicious, and the night took on a life of its own. 

The band is an eighties cover band (you know you like it, admit it) and they were great. We had a wonderful time with friends. And Then . . . . 

On the way home the truck broke down in the middle of nowhere. Our cell phone was dead. And it was a foggy fifty-some degrees.

We had to walk to the call box. Thank heaven it was there! We woke our daughter up to come get us and walked back to the truck. This was after dancing all night. Our daughter got lost and we shivered there nearly three hours with no heat while waiting.

Well, we got home this morning and after some sleep, went back to pickup the truck. So I lost time, sleep, and productivity. (THIS was my starting line post).

What did I accomplish?

I Did some soul searching about my blog and how I would like it to be,
Visited blogs I wouldn't have otherwise and gotten a lot of new ideas, 
Cleaned up my links, 
Made the sidebar more user friendly, 
Drafted and scheduled future posts, 
Bookmarked information regarding improvements I still want to make but haven't,
and
I enjoyed spending time in the company of other bloggers. I love blog hopping.

I also participated in a mini challenge at Word Lilly, called '10 Things Bloggers shouldn't do.' It gave me some direction as well as good ideas.

I went to Website Grader for a report I don't quite understand yet. (But I will)

No, I didn't accomplish all that I wanted. But that's OK. I gained a great deal from the experience, and I thank Natasha at Maw Books Blog for hosting the challenge. And I thank all those who participated for being my teachers and my inspiration.

But now I'm off to bed. Night all.


No comments:

Post a Comment