Saturday, March 26, 2011

CAN YOU TURN OFF ALL YOUR LIGHTS TODAY FOR JUST ONE HOUR?


drawing of the earth held in outstretched hands





EARTH HOUR
is TODAY from
8pm to 9pm
(your local time).







More info at:
www.earthhour.org and www.earthhour2011.com


The concept is for as many people as possible around the world to turn off their lights for an hour.
Security and emergency lighting will remain on. Millions of people, businesses, governments and civic organizations around the globe turn off their lights for Earth Hour. More than 100 cities across North America participate annually.


A voluntary rolling blackout, if you will.

On the rare occasion that we lose power for whatever reason,
I am reminded of how dependent I really am. I roam the house like a caged lion searching for escape.

But more tellingly, my mind clicks helplessly and fruitlessly through a list of activities to keep me busy until the power is restored.

One after another they are rejected because, as I'm forced to remind myself, I can't do them without power. You'd think I would dismiss them all without a thought. But no. My poor addled brain requires absolute confirmation for each activity, that it is indeed impossible.

I think I'll sit down right now and brainstorm a list
of activities that don't require electricity. 

I know there must be some . . . somewhere . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment