Saturday, May 7, 2011

I'D LIKE TO SHARE SOME WONDERFUL NEWS


I graduated with a newly minted Teaching Credential just in time for the sharpest economic down turn since the Great Depression. Needless to say, my job hunt has been . . . Well, it's been no different for me than it has been for countless others.

I did land part-time work as an ELA & math tutor, working with middle and high school students. I work with each student about 20 hours, depending on the school district. 

I love the work and this leads to My Wonderful News:

I just got the results of their post testing, and most of my students have improved at least two (2) reading GRADE levels.  In fact, one student improved by three (3) and one by four (4).

That's GRADE level, folks. In 20 hours. They did great.




No comments:

Post a Comment