Tuesday, July 3, 2012

BOOK REVIEWS. Sort Of.


The Pirate King - Laurie R. King - Review Part II

I finally finished the book. It took longer than usual and I had to talk myself into it each time I picked it up.

Don't you just hate that?

Ms King manages wonderful descriptions of exotic places tucked in her narrative, but unfortunately this narrative wasn't at all compelling for me.

I've enjoyed the series until this one, all 10 of them; I just didn't like this one.

Make of that what you will.


Beekeeping for Beginners - Laurie R. King      

This one was kind of cute.

It retells the story of Ms Russell's and Mr. Holmes' first meeting and budding friendship/partnership from Holmes' perspective, introducing a new dynamic as well as another storyline.

It was short at just over 150 pages, but I enjoyed it.




No comments:

Post a Comment