Monday, October 15, 2012

BOOK REVIEWS. Sort Of.



Well, this is the final Inspector Morse novel and like the rest, it was an intriguing and eventful ride.

The Inspector, himself, was a complex and at times irritating man, a thought often voiced by those who worked with him and knew him best. And the loyal Sergeant Lewis never failed to have his boss' back. Even when Morse was wrong, Lewis knew he'd figure it out.

My husband gifted me with the complete BBC Inspector Morse series for my birthday, and I watched it as I worked my way through the books. (novel, episode, repeat)

All the novels were part of the series, spread out through the seasons, and this last one ended the series. Although there were definite changes between page and screen, they didn't compromise the integrity of the story or feel arbitrary.

I enjoyed the entire series, but complex murder mysteries are my 'drug' of choice.  So I might be a bit biased.

Also, you might be interested to know that Sergeant Lewis gets promoted and continues on in his mentor's footsteps in the BBC series Inspector Lewis.


No comments:

Post a Comment