Saturday, March 2, 2013

Today is the Fourth Anniversary of My First Blog Post.


As I've mentioned before, this Blog began as a class project, with a poem by Langston Hughes and a quote from Erasmus, and has never looked back - figuratively speaking, that is. The quote has hung in my office for ever, (alright, almost forever) and is closer to the truth than my husband would like.

When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.
                                                                                                                        - Erasmus
 
Through this blog I have gained so much. I learned more than I ever expected to about computers. I discovered a world of writing - many worlds, actually. I found that information on any subject was literally at my fingertips. All the information from every side, so that I could make up my own mind. And once I lost my timidity, I discovered the most important thing - the many wonderful people I've gotten to know through this blog.

Writers, readers, critics, fans, people who ended up here accidentally while looking for something else: all have enriched my life, and I want to take a moment before I start my day to thank you and say that I hope you have gotten something in return. I hope the weeks and months ahead are filled with happiness and security. That second thing is in short supply these days.

I'll close with something that my Gran used to say:
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

2 comments:

  1. Happy four years :D I've loved getting to know you over the last year!! I've been an awful blogger lately sadly and haven't commented hardly on anyone's blogs, but yours can always put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. We all have our ups and downs. I'm just glad to know you leave here with a smile. Yours, by the way, was one of the first blogs to help drag me out of myself and into becoming a more interactive blogger. So thank you again.

      Delete