Saturday, September 21, 2013

New Skills Alert!

I've often wondered which of my posts folks found most appealing, and I think I finally figured out how to check.

Unsurprisingly, most of the top posts are poetry.

Poet Laureate Josephine Jacobsen's The Animals topped the poetry list, followed by In a Country by Larry Levis, A Book of Music by Jack Spicer, and finally, the Poetry Project offering for 2012, A Dream Within a Dream by Edgar Allen Poe.

A quote, "Q", and a couple of pictures, Pic#1 & Pic#2, also made the cut.

Very surprisingly, two birthday posts for my Daughter, 2011 & 2013, made the list. She's so happy to know that you all care.

But the all time top post, by a wide margin, was one I posted in May of 2012. It was a powerful painting featuring the Viet Nam War Memorial. Accompanying it is a profound poem that speaks volumes about war, any war: Facing It by Yusef Komunyakaa.


No comments:

Post a Comment