Saturday, September 6, 2014

Saturday Farmer's Market - Or Facsimile Thereof . . .



Created by Heather at Capricious Reader, and now hosted by Chris at Stuff as Dreams are Made on.

I had surgery this week and am not up to much. (As a matter of fact, I pre-scheduled this post, and am actually lying upstairs in bed right this moment, doped up and feeling sorry for myself.)

Here are a few pictures for you to look at while I shake off the pain killers.







Snowball got out and is pretending to be one of her big cousins on the hunt.















A Lesser Goldfinch sitting in the Crepe Myrtle Tree.













The Purple Fountain Grass has taken hold (same bed as the Lavender) and if you look closely, you can see the first bloom.










I got a steep discount on this Butterfly Bush because it was half dead, but it came back just fine.

Then I found out that they are considered invasive where I live.

So why are the nurseries selling tons of them, then?













I love Yellow Roses.













A Ringneck Dove couple stop by to frolic in the bird bath.











This Rose is actually a different color of yellow.

















Most of my bushes are White Floribundas which look like massive snowdrifts in the spring.


















You guessed it! Lesser Gold Finch. Sometimes I think they outnumber everything else in the garden put together.










Except maybe the Bees!

















This Rose changes color from peach to pink.
















And this Rose starts out a light salmon color and deepens.

(The rose on the bottom right is photobombing.)









Lesser Gold Finch, again!


The wren
Earns his living
Noiselessly.

- Issa

No comments:

Post a Comment