Saturday, August 8, 2015

It's A Garden Party!




This feature, originally known as Saturday Farmer's Market, was created by Heather at Capricious Reader, and then hosted by Chris at Stuff as Dreams are Made on.

How I long to see
among dawn flowers,
the face of God.

- Matsu Basho

It's hot and dry here.

In our water bills we received notice that each household is to reduce water consumption by at least 35% or face stiff fines.

I started changing my garden a couple of years ago, and the biggest changes were in the irrigation system. Yes, I've let go of a lot of water hogging plants along the way, but I still have quite a few that may still need to go.

With the new soaker system, mulch, and change in plantings, I saved 45% in June. I don't know how I did last month because the link seems to have disappeared from the city website. But I'm off to a good start.

Even with the heat; even with the cut back in water; my garden still seems to be happy.

My Yellow Floribunda is still going strong. 
It blooms in bursts, waxing and waning, but shows no signs of stopping yet.


The Lavender has reached its peak and will soon be fading. 
Harvest will need to start by early next week.


I swear I thought this Bougainvillea was dead. 
After winter it was just brittle sticks, and as spring wore on nothing changed. Then suddenly bits of green appeared, and now look! It looks alive to me.


This Daisy just keeps on growing.


Dew evaporates
And all our world is dew . . . so dear,
So fresh, so fleeting

- Issa (on the death of his child)

No comments:

Post a Comment