Saturday, January 2, 2016

It's A Garden Party! - Snow in California!




This feature, originally known as Saturday Farmer's Market, was created by Heather at Capricious Reader, and then hosted by Chris at Stuff as Dreams are Made on.

Beautiful, isn't it? The bane of my existence, Oxalis, is actually quite lovely in the beginning. But it grows wild and smothers everything in sight that is the least bit weaker. Then it gets gangly and ugly, and finally it dies back covering everything. It is almost impossible to stop.


Here it is trying its darnedest to smother a Lavender plant.


But on the bright side, the Snow Drops are blooming beautifully.


Snowdrops
- Louise Gluck

Do you know what I was, how I lived? You know
what despair is; then
winter should have meaning for you.

I did not expect to survive,
earth suppressing me. I didn't expect
to waken again, to feel
in damp earth my body
able to respond again, remembering
after so long how to open again
in the cold light
of earliest spring--

afraid, yes, but among you again
crying yes risk joy

in the raw wind of the new world.


No comments:

Post a Comment