Saturday, April 9, 2016

It's A Garden Party! - Roses




This feature, originally known as Saturday Farmer's Market, was created by Heather at Capricious Reader, and then hosted by Chris at Stuff as Dreams are Made on.

Last week I promised you Roses, and here they are:

White Florabunda
(I have four of these bushes.
They were my first bush roses and are still the most robust.)


Yellow Florabunda


Coat of Many Colors


Yellow Grandiflora


White Grandiflora


Peach non-specific hybrid
(Yes. That's what the tag said.)


 If you look closely, you can see the bush is loaded with buds.


One Perfect Rose
 - Dorothy Parker

A single flow'r he sent me, since we met.
All tenderly his messenger he chose;
Deep-hearted, pure, with scented dew still wet -
One perfect rose.

I knew the language of the floweret;
'My fragile leaves,' it said, 'his heart enclose.'
Love long has taken for his amulet
One perfect rose.

Why is it no one ever sent me yet
One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get
One perfect rose.


No comments:

Post a Comment