Saturday, May 21, 2016

It's A Garden Party! - Spring Is Still Springing


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi-xUMMwSRLBzNqkDj1hoiMMOg61KugUQuJWUBnEG-1_m2wBLd74_9Uz9oADi1UU-hIy8NZoTRYX73-CFzNKv4fMLteW3RirhdKpAiXzQptfFUoj8eb-Uuetdp0XUHg-yY2qoTxmLK0gfA/s1600/P5050138+c.JPG

This feature, originally known as Saturday Farmer's Market, was created by Heather at Capricious Reader, and was then hosted by Chris at Stuff as Dreams are Made on.

If anyone would like to share their own gardening adventures with me - large or small, inside or out - I would love to see them.
Just leave a link to your post in the comments.


This little sweetheart is a happy miracle. After more than twenty years of failure,
I have not only managed to keep an African Violet alive,
I have lived to see it bloom!


I know this isn't a very good picture of my Jade Tree, but take my word for it, it is thriving. 

Two years ago it suffered severe frost damage after laughing at years of unprotected winters. It belonged to my neighbor who never took any winter precautions. After he gave it to me I took what I thought were proper winter precautions - to no avail. 

I moved it in to the conservatory and it is recovering beautifully. Soon I will be moving it outside so it can enjoy the Summer weather.


 Lastly, my little California Bay Laurel. Well it was little. It has more than quadrupled in size in only two years.
 
from The Laurel Tree
One of the local philosophers ...   
He says, “In California
We have the old anarchist tradition.”

What can he mean? Is there an anarchist tradition?   
And why would an anarchist want one?   
O California,

Is there a tree without opinions?   
Come, let me clasp you!   
Let me feel the idea breathing.

I too cry O for a life of sensations   
Rather than thoughts—
“The sayling Pine, the Cedar proud and tall.”

Like the girls in our neighborhood,   
They’re beautiful and silent.



This my little Garden Piggy. She keeps an eye on the weeds.
But she doesn't fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment