Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Different Kind of POETRY Challenge


 This challenge is hosted jointly by The Written World & Regular Ruminations.
  
UPDATE 7/5/12:
The challenge has evolved. Make The Poetry Project about your goals. You still post monthly about poetry but a). there is not an assigned day and b). you can post as often as you like. Just be sure to link to all your posts by the end of the month so they can be included in the round up. 

Not sure what to talk about? Follow these (optional) prompts!

July – Meet and Greet Questionnaire - (posted 7/7/12)
August – Poem by a Pulitzer Prize winner - (posted 8/1/12)
September – A classic poem - (posted 9/5/12)
October - Halloween poems - (posted 10/2/12
November – War remembrance - (posted 11/11/12)
December – Holiday Poems/Mid -Year Reflection - (posted 12/5/12)
January – Poems by Christina Rossetti (posted 1/6/12 Oops! 13)
February – Poems about love, hate or heartbreak (posted 2/6/13)
March – A new release poem/book of poetry (pub. 2012/2013) (posted 3/6/13)
April – What could have made you appreciate poetry more when you were younger? How would you raise a poetry reader? (posted 4/5/13)
June – Read a poem from the list that started it all. (posted 6/7/13)
July – Shakespearean sonnet (posted 7/9/13)
MONTHLY ROUNDUPS 
of participants:

July / August / SeptemberOctober / November / December
January / February / March / April / May / June / July

~  ~  ~  ~  ~
ORIGINAL POST 1/8/12:

Instead of a readalong or a reading challenge, this is a blog-along, with one goal: blog about poetry once a month. It is a laid-back way to get the book blogging community posting about poetry.
I post regularly.
I post things I love.
I post things that amuse or intrigue me.
I post things that force me to think.
I post things that I think might help others in some way.

I have, however, purposely kept my own commentary to a minimum, sinceI have had little time to put together what I consider to be thoughtful, insightful, and enlightening blog posts. But I would like to do more.

I'm hoping that this challenge will help by giving me a manageable goal. Well, I guess I'll find out soon enough.
1). Sign up link on regular rumination. (Some poetry suggestions if you need a push.)
2). Post about poetry on your blog on the following dates:

MONTHLY ROUNDUPS of participants:

No comments:

Post a Comment